Guiding Education Leaders to Cybersecurity Solutions
Assessments, Consulting and Testing for Educators from Single Schools to University Systems
Hackers don’t hesitate in targeting schools. Attacking a K-12 school with ransomware or a DDoS attack can cause major disruptions. And breaching a university can produce a treasure trove of personally identifiable information (PII), bank account data or research information. Pratum has years of experience helping educational leaders strengthen their defenses, whether they’re taking first steps into cybersecurity or fine-tuning a mature environment.
Need help protecting your education systems?
We Answer Your Education-Sector Cybersecurity Questions
Pratum helps create a security strategy that reflects your priorities, including protecting student data, preventing service interruptions, stopping financial scams, securing intellectual property—or all of these at once. We’ll address your key questions, including:
- How do we set smart priorities with our limited cybersecurity budget?
- What are our risks around key operations, such as enrolling students?
- How do we meet our privacy obligations with student data?
- What’s the best way to secure an environment that includes thousands of student-owned devices?
- How does physical facility security overlap with our data security?
- Which cyber insurance policy is right for us?
- What are the keys to limiting downtime with incident response planning?
- What kinds of regular testing will confirm our cybersecurity readiness?
- How can we train faculty, staff and students to do their part in cybersecurity?
With Pratum, we not only had a cordial, professional engagement, but I felt we were working with a group that was truly concerned with our posture from a security perspective. Everything was very well-planned, orchestrated and executed.Greg Price CSO/CTO, Troy University
Information Security Services for School Districts and Colleges/Universities
- Risk Assessments and IT Audits
- Information Security Policy Development and Review
- Penetration Testing and Vulernability Scanning
- Breach Investigation and Incident Response
- Social Engineering Testing (phishing emails and facility access attempts)
- Continuous Monitoring with Managed Extended Detection and Response (XDR)
- Virtual CISO - Security leadership, guidance, and implementation
Key Factors in Educational Security
Pratum helps organizations limit their operational and legal exposure by offering support in these key areas:
Experienced consultants help you prioritize your spending and affordably meet your obligations.
We’ll guide you toward a layered strategy for stopping this attack commonly faced by schools and universities.
We’ll analyze your risks and assign costs so you can make informed choices about cybersecurity spending.
We help you secure information, even when it’s stored on devices you don’t own.
We’ll explain your requirements under Gramm-Leach-Bliley; breach notification laws; and more.
Practical Training Solutions
Our team can guide you in creating programs to help every user learn to spot and report suspicious activity.
Education Cybersecurity Additional Resources
Higher Education Case Study: Troy University
Lessons Learned from Ransomware Attacks
Read the Article
10 Most Common Information Security Risks
Download the Paper
Cybersecurity Guidance for School Districts & Higher Education