Protecting Patient Privacy
Cybersecurity and Compliance for Hospitals, Clinics, and Businesses Serving the Healthcare Industry
Pratum leads healthcare and life sciences organizations to compliance with state and federal security and privacy regulations. We’ve worked with CMS officials on numerous projects, and we’ll help you secure Protected Health Information (PHI) in accordance with HIPAA, HITECH and HITRUST frameworks. But a truly mature security posture requires more than compliance. We’ll identify where you’ll need to go beyond HIPAA and other frameworks to ensure information security for your entire organization and your employees.
Want to learn how vulnerable your patient data is to cyberattack?
We Answer Your Healthcare Cybersecurity Questions
Pratum consultants have deep experience in helping hospitals, pharmacies, clinics, physicians, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and medical device makers assess and mitigate security risks to protect PHI and Electronic Health Records (EHR). We’ll help you answer key questions, including:
- Are we prepared for a CMS audit?
- What are my exact obligations under HIPAA Privacy Rules and other frameworks?
- Should I pursue HITRUST certification?
- How can we track and secure every device on our network, including IoT?
- Is my staff properly trained to handle PHI and sensitive data?
- Are there gaps in our policies and procedures?
- Do we have a solid change management policy?
- Do we have the right cyber insurance coverage?
- Which state data breach laws apply to us?
Pratum is our expert helping us with what we don’t know we don’t know. It’s not what is required now, but what is going to be required in the future that Pratum helps us understand.Evan Doss Chief Operating Officer - Summit Imaging
Why Healthcare Security Matters
In healthcare, lives literally rely upon dependable technology. From web-enabled medical devices to cloud storage of patient records, new tools have introduced both efficiencies and vulnerabilities. Pratum helps organizations strengthen their confidence in these key areas:
Patients and their families depend upon your team (and its IT environment) to provide the required care.
In healthcare, downtime is not an option. A strong security program helps keep systems online at all times.
Pratum consultants use their deep experience in multiple frameworks to identify cost-effective ways to meet your obligations.
By detecting and stopping attempted infiltrations, a mature security program helps prevent data loss, service interruption and legal exposure.
Services such as risk assessments and IT audits help your team understand its environment and effectively manage activities such as employee onboarding/offboarding, software updates, etc
Information Security Services for Healthcare Organizations
- Virtual CISO - Security Leadership, Guidance, and Implementation
- HIPAA Risk Assessments and IT Audits
- Network and EHR Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Scanning
- Medical Device Penetration Testing
- Information Security Policy Development and Review
- Meaningful Use Security Assessment and Review
- Social Engineering Testing (phishing emails and unauthorized facility access attempts)
- Breach Investigation and Incident Response
- Managed Extended Detection and Response (XDR)
Healthcare Cybersecurity Resources
Is the HITRUST Framework Right for You?
Healthcare Cybersecurity Case Study
HIPAA Best Practices
Cybersecurity Guidance for Healthcare